Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Dari

The March 24 issue of The Daily Focus featured this front-page story:


The headline says "Photographing women's legs: legal or illegal?"

The answer to this question is of more than passing interest to me, since Erma and I spent a whole afternoon surreptitiously photographing women's legs last fall, as you can see here. So I read farther.

It seems there has lately been an epidemic of men using their cell phone cameras to take pictures of the legs of women wearing short skirts in the subway. On March 23 the Seoul Central District Court found a man accused of photographing a woman's legs in December 2006 to be not guilty of sexual harrassment.

Although the ruling is expected not to be popular with mini-skirt-wearing Seoul subway riders, it is expected to be popular with me, since it decreases my chances of serving jail time while in Korea.

2 comments:

  1. Rereading this I still find myself quite taken with the phrase "it is expected to be popular with me". So charming a construction!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I admire the quality of your writing a great deal, I take that as a high compliment!

    ReplyDelete

If you want to see follow-up comments (for this post only), click on "Subscribe by email" below.